Q99.7 ATLANTA AND ROCK 100.5’S “SWEETWATER 420 SMOKE OUT” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by contacting radio stations WWWQ and WNNX (each a “Station” and collectively “Stations”), owned and operated by Susquehanna Radio LLC, 780 Johnson Ferry Rd NE Suite 500, Atlanta GA 30342, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Stations will conduct the Q99.7 “Sweetwater 420 Smoke Out” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY. Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Stations’ Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Susquehanna Radio LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Stations’ DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:00am ET on March 13, 2021 and will run through 11:59pm ET on April 30, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The Stations’ computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter. To enter:
Online: Visit a Station’s website www.q997atlanta.com OR www.atlantasrockstation.com during the Contest Period, click on the “Sweetwater 420 Smoke Out” Contest link, and complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59pm ET on April 30, 2021 to be eligible to win. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per website, regardless of how many email addresses a person may possess and use. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per website per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
4. Winner Selection. On or about 12:00pm ET every Monday from March 22, 2021 through May 3, 2021
(March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26, 2021, and May 3), Station will select seven (7) entries
to wina Prize (as defined below) and be entered to win the Grand Prize (as defined below) (each a “Qualifier”) in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Stations during the Contest Period as of the date and time of that drawing. On or about 12:00pm ET on TMay 6, 2021, Station will select one (1) entry for the Grand Prize in a random drawing among all valid Qualifiers. The winning entrants will be contacted using the email address and/or phone number that was used or provided with the entry and may be awarded a prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Failure to respond to the initial Grand Prize verification contact within two (2) days of notification will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
5. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATIONS WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Stations, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Stations may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes. Up to forty-two (42) Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Each Prize is one (1) $420 cprepaid card and access to an event for winner and up to one (1) guest hosted by Sweetwater 420 Brewery in Atlanta happening in or around May 2021, , which will include a voucher for two (2) beverages at the event. Specific time and date of the event is to be determined. ARV FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($450). One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is a vacation package to Navarre Beach, Florida for winner and three (3) guest, which includes: (i) a three (3) night, four (4) day stay at a Sea Salt Cottage Beach Home on the Gulf in Navarre Beach, Florida (with a minimum of single accommodations for up to four (4) people), (ii) a $50.00 gift card to Dewey Destin Restaurant, (iii) free grocery delivery during your stay via Grocery-Concierge.com, (iv) one (1) full-day Pontoon rental and ten (10) water park passes at Navarre Family Watersports, (v) four (4) tickets to the Gulf Breeze Zoo, and (vi) a three (3) day rental of either two (2) paddleboards or two (2) kayaks via Sage Paddle Co. ARV TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED SIXTY THREE
DOLLARS ($2,963.00). Total aggregate ARV of all prizes awarded in this Contest is Twenty One Thousand Eight Hundred Sixty Three Dollars ($21,863). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Grand Prize must be used by March 31, 2022 (subject to availability and blackout dates). Travel dates to be mutually agreed upon by winner and Grand Prize Provider. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older unless the winner is the legal guardian of the guest. Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Station’s sole discretion. Blackout dates for Sage Paddle Co. are June 27 through July 10, 2021. If the Grand Prize winner elects to partake in any or all portions of the Grand Prize with fewer than three (3) guests, the Grand Prize will be awarded to winner and each participating guest and any remainder of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Grand Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
If winner is unable to use any component of the Prize or Grand Prize due to closures related to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government, and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Sponsor or prize providers, then no substitution shall be provided by Sponsor or prize providers. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty about the safety of redeeming any component of the Prize or Grand Prize in light of COVID-19. Any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit to a public location. By accepting the Prize or Grand Prize, winner acknowledges the risk of large group gatherings and assume all risks of accepting the Prize or Grand Prize, redeeming any component of the Prize or Grand Prize, and any other the risks associated with redeeming and using any component of the Prize or Grand Prize.
7. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Stations, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Stations, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Stations and their agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. General Conditions. Stations reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Stations’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Stations in their sole discretion. Stations reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry
process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Stations reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Stations’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Stations, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Stations reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Stations’ listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT
ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Stations in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Stations are located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Stations are located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Stations are located.
14. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Stations identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Susquehanna Radio LLC, WWWQ and WNNX, 780 Johnson Ferry Rd. NE,
Atlanta, GA 30342.
PRIZE PROVIDER: Sweetwater 420 Brewing Company, 195 Ottley Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
GRAND PRIZE PROVIDER: Paradise Advertising and Marketing, Inc. 150 Second Ave N, Suite 800. St Petersburg, Florida 33701